Thursday, March 03, 2005

Dinner at Murrayfield was a success. At least from the applause and laughter I presume Gavin Hastings and I spoke reasonably well! Best of all we raised a lot of money for Leukaemia Research.

For those of you who aren’t aware my best friend John Merritt and his little girl Ellie both died from the disease in 1992 and 1998 respectively. It touched me deeply and even today I often visit their grave in Highgate Cemetery when I need time to think.

I ran the London Marathon last year for the LRF and this year am in training for the London Triathalon. You can follow my progress and see lots of pictures of me looking hot and sweaty at my other site. But most importantly you can find out how to make a donation. And if you happen to see a middle aged man pounding the streets of North London perhaps you’ll be inspired to join me.